Spotcycle adds Google Places support, points of interest, as well as dynamic filtering by location
Our latest update to Spotcycle (version 3.3) adds a number of useful features and improvements to iOS (coming soon) and Android, in particular, a rehauled and easier to use interface for Android devices.
Here are some of the important changes for version 3.3 in a nutshell:
- We’ve added support for points of interest provided by Google Places and also by 8D Technologies.
- You can now synchronize favorite bike station groups to spotcycle.net accounts.
- You can now optimize biking directions using address, phone contact’s coordinates, current position, bike station, or even points of interest provided by Google Places or 8D Technologies.
- We’ve updated the pie chart pin set which now displays stations with the number of available bikes, docks or both, according to the selected filter (the old red/blue ones are gone).
- New filtered search function can also automatically list the 10 stations closest to your current location that meet the filter criteria (available bikes, bike docks, or stations); adjusts the list dynamically as your location changes.
- For Android devices, the bike station details now displays the address closest to the bike station.
- You can now display map elements in a list format, such as bike stations, favorites group, points of interest by Google Places, or bike stations near an address (previously only bike stations could be viewed in a list).
Head over to the iTunes Store (coming soon) or Google Play to get it for your device!